Pine Times

I am a Pine. I like to Shine. Life is Fine. I like to Rhyme!

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Family

ENTER PHOTO HERE: NEED AN UPDATED PHOTO OF MY FAMILY OBVIOUSLY!!

As I grew up, my dad always said, "friends come and go, but family sticks together." I don't think I fully understood what this meant when I was young, and sometimes I still question it, but the older I get, it seems to prove true.

I am SOOO blessed to have an awesome family! Derek and Miya are of course my family now, but I am also talking about the family I grew-up with. We became pretty close when my youngest brother Marcus was diagnosed with cancer in August of 1998. My parents, two brothers and I are still very close.

Last night us three siblings and the in-laws (Derek & Kelli) and of course Miya (always in tow) got together to talk through some struggles. It is so comforting and encouraging to know that nomatter what, my family would drop whatever to just talk and encourage eachother! I also count it a huge blessing that we live within a half hour of eachother to be able to do this!

"Friends come and go, but family sticks together."

As I ponder on this quote today, I praise God for my family!

4 Comments:

  • At 2:52 PM, Blogger Kelli B said…

    WOO! I'm glad to be a part of your family. It's great. And I'm thankful we all have common hearts that if something is needed or someone is needed, we'd drop things and forsake plans to be there for each other. Your family does that time and again.

    That quote is stuck in Marcus' head too...he mentioned the same thing last night! As we were leaving, he brought that up, that your dad used to say that all the time. It's fun that it's just instilled in each of you. And now in me. :)

    Ahhh! You are so great! I am so glad to be a part of your life. So glad.

     
  • At 1:26 PM, Blogger Derek said…

    I'm stickin'!

     
  • At 1:19 PM, Blogger Kelli B said…

    okay so you need to put that photo on your blog! It's really cool! I like it.

     
  • At 6:05 AM, Blogger Adam Clarke said…

    Joni,
    I sent a family photo of you guys to your email account.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home